Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bead Swap Blog Hop

Hi Everyone!  It has been ages since I have posted on my blog...as you can see.  This is a great way for me to get back on track. 

I recently participated in the Bead Swap hosted by the lovely Sarah of My So Called Junk Life fame.  It was my first time and, like the first day of school, I had some jitters.  After all, I am sending beads and findings to someone I have never really met.  I was going for the "OMG!" reaction as opposed to the "What the???" reaction.  But since Sarah and I have pretty much the same taste in the beads/findings/jewelry area, I felt I was safe.  I sent her jewels in a fabulous vintage box I stumbled upon from Vickie at http://www.visualsbyvickie.com/   Forgive me though...remember, I'm a newbie...I did not photograph what I sent to Sarah and post it....(cue the eye roll).  I'll do better next time, really!  Ok, enough blabbing, more beads.....

The gorgeous presentation box!



As I open it up...imagine my surprise....LOOK at these little nests...too cute for words!!
PLUS..my favorite color of the moment...an AQUA bag full of jewels!



Here's the bagful.....  



A closer look....Some Bling...of course!!



Freshwater Pearls in white, grey, and black....stunning!



Black glass beads.  Quartz beads which were my favorite!  I must find more...



Brass beads, rosary connectors and a length of rosary beads. 
 Check out the little crown!!



A fabulous cameo and flower button along with wonderful cabochons...
The Cameo button is my other favorite!!




I think I made out like a bandit, as my mother would say...what do you think?  When I received my package I emptied everything out onto my dining room table.  I'd walk by several times a day and just stop and stare at all the jewels.  Planning my strategy of what to create with it.  Do you do that?....come home from the fleamarket, amass everything in one pile and just sit there and look at it?    

As soon as I create something very special with all the beautiful trinkets Sarah sent me, I will post it.  Of course, I also may just "look" at it a while first and savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment