Monday, November 14, 2011

Flea Market Daze

Our flea markets here in the 'Burg are winding down.  The cold weather is looming and weekend treasure hunts will be dwindling to a few estate sales here and there.  So I have to stock up when I can.  The weather lately has been unseasonably beautiful.  So dealers are still hanging their shingle. 

This past weekend I went to our local flea market.  And although it is all year 'round, some dealers can't handle the cold.  Walking through the treasure hunt is one thing...standing in the cold waiting for customers and sales is another.  I know.  Been there, done that.  But since it was 60 degrees, there was a nice crowd.  Even though I had to make a few appetizers to take to a friend's house for the 1PM kick off, after all...it's Steeler Sunday,  folks...I can always find time to go to the flea market!  For the short time I was there, I managed to score pretty awesome things.......


Gorgeous Art Deco pieces...the necklace is my favorite and will certainly end up in one of my designs

I just LOVE the vintage charm reciting the Ten Commandments!


Some Victorian pieces including a brass repousse cameo....



Not too bad for a quick flea market dash!  Now...what to do with them.....!


No comments:

Post a Comment