Monday, November 21, 2011

Victorian Brass Hardware Shines In a New Light

Browsing the pages of Etsy, I'm always seeking out different elements to use in my jewelry design.  During a recent search, I stumbled upon a wonderful shop called FOUNDLINGS.  The shops owner, Shelley, carries gorgeous authentic Victorian brass hardware and the most unique found objects from her travels. 

One of the pieces I purchased is a Victorian brass escutcheon which is the focal point of this necklace:



I mounted a tiny paste rhinestone crown to the center of the escutcheon


A crystal rosary, brass chain and a splash of red glass beads for color


The cross of the rosary was relocated as a charm dangling from the hardware focal point


I gave it an antique watch fob swivel clasp.  And voila!  It's one of my favorites.  It has a very "old world" look.  It is listed at my Etsy shop!  Wouldn't this be a great holiday gift for that someone special?











No comments:

Post a Comment